KLR Communications is a woman-owned and founded Public Relations company committed to helping companies build their brand and create awareness for their products and services.
Founded in 2002, KLR Communications offers multi-industry experience that ranges from fashion and entertainment to non-profit, corporate philanthropy, automotive and technology. We’ve earned our clients’ trust and respect by having a clear understanding of their business and by delivering quantifiable results. Our strategic, yet personalized approach coupled with extensive industry knowledge ensures that our clients receive the benefit of in-depth expertise, consistent service, flawless execution, and measurable results.
Beyond the basic capabilities you Would expect, our skill-set and experience include:
Messaging and content generation
Media tours: ground, satellite and online
E-newsletters/blog content development and support
Corporate reputation management
Integrated campaign management
Product and services launches
Trade show and media event support
Digital content creation
What Makes Us Different?
KLR Communications was founded with the belief that everyone deserves the best a PR agency can offer. We don't view our clients as "clients". Rather, they are our strategic communications partners. We are a part of your team working toward the common goal of having a highly successful PR campaign that complements your overall business initiatives and helps you achieve your business goals.
We are very passionate about our partners' businesses and believe your success is our success. Through ongoing collaboration, personalized service, and strong relationships with key members of the media, analyst and blogger communities, we have built a solid track record of success and a flawless reputation.
• We leverage our strategic focus and commitment to innovation and creativity.
• Our goal is to be your strategic partner.
• We believe in providing hands-on, personalized service and servicing our partners based on their individual needs.
• We treat all of our clients as “big fish” so only top-notch talent assist you in reaching your communications goals.
• We know how to work with members of the media.
• Responsive, knowledgeable and resourceful.
• Deliver measurable results.
• Media relations is the CORE of our business.
• We are ALREADY in on-going contact with your target media audiences.
• We educate the entire media chain to get results – positive publicity – in the shortest time possible.
• We don’t have the overhead that forces us to increase our billing rate in order to be profitable.
KLR Communications takes a fresh approach to planning and executing a public relations campaign. We tailor our strategies to complement a company's internal PR and marketing initiatives and to meet its position, market, stage and desired results. We also tailor our strategies to augment your sales and channel initiatives.
We believe in creating a collaborative culture, which fosters commitment and a true understanding of our clients’ business, their needs, and how we can provide solutions. We believe in delivering measurable results and have put a system in place, which includes:
• Situation analysis
• Setting goals and objectives
• Strategic, creative planning
• Implementation and execution
• Cost Efficiency – Based primarily on advertising value equivalents of press coverage received, we will compare the equivalent value of advertising space vs. your resources expended (PR retainer, expenses, etc.)
• Impression/Traffic Measurement – We will measure results through the impression numbers of press clippings, Web site traffic increases (if tracked), etc.
• Reputation Measurement – We will evaluate each press clipping received and analyze their impact on emotional appeal, products and services, vision and leadership, workplace environment, and social responsibility. We will also conduct regular press/analysts audits to determine your current standings within the editorial community.
• Competitive Analysis – We will review the competition’s external communications and media perceptions as well as their media coverage.
• Awareness – Increase company and product awareness that can be measured through unpitched mentions or unsolicited media requests. It is also important to understand if there’s been a change of comprehension, attitude and behavior.
• Achievement of Objectives – We will determine whether or not we reached the objectives as set forth earlier in the plan.
• Business Outcomes – We will measure “business outcomes” that result from PR such as increase in sales, web traffic, product or company queries, key partnerships, etc.
• Diversification of Media Hits – We will provide an extensive analysis of press clippings by product category to show the diversity of media coverage across your product line.
• Meeting Expectations and Achieving Goals - We will discuss and get a clear understanding of client expectations and goals. During the campaign, we will review those goals and ensure we are hitting the mark and meeting, if not exceeding expectations.
Kelly Reeves is a seasoned, results-driven public relations professional with over 20 years of experience in various industries such as sports, entertainment, technology, automotive, lifestyle, and nonprofit.
She has been successful in getting top-tier media placement in such outlets as Forbes, TODAY, The Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Mashable, The New York Times, CNN, and Fox News. Client experience includes the Tony Hawk Foundation, Congo Unites, Targus, LA Coast Rugby, Barrett-Jackson, WD, VRLIVE, Paw Prints in the Sand Animal Rescue, and Kingston Technology.
Her areas of expertise include development and implementation of strategic PR campaigns; corporate branding; trade shows, events, and media tours; development and distribution of press releases, corporate backgrounders and case studies; strategic and creative business writing (blog posts, newsletters, Op-Eds, etc.); media training; social media management; traditional media management; graphic design and digital content creation; and designing Squarespace and WIX web sites.